A Day In My Location Independent Life
Being location independent includes the freedom to work from anywhere at any time. But it requires discipline as well, to design your day in a productive way. You are responsible for your own work-life balance.
I took notes about a perfect and typical day in my location independent business and life, which took place during week 6 of my second round-the-world trip, in June 2017.
My days vary a lot, but this one is a great example of how I manage to work, travel and enjoy my free time with my partner.
06:30 Wake Up
06:45 Mindset Journaling
I get a lot of questions around this. What is it, and what do I actually DO?
To focus my mind on my strengths, successes, abilities, and all the good things in my life, I journal around several exercises 3 times a day. I reprogram my brain towards the things I want to BE, HAVE and DO in my life.
That morning it included:
- Empowering Beliefs
- Gratitude list
- Money Affirmations
- Checking and recording my bank balances
07:15 Work Session
Checking in with my clients
After my journaling, I start my first work session by checking in with my clients.
How are they doing with their homework, are they stuck anywhere, what tasks are they focusing on today?
Checking and replying to Facebook Messages, Facebook comments, and Emails.
I post at least one post on Instagram, my Facebook page and my Facebook group.
08:15 Breakfast with my partner
09:00 Work Session
This is where I’m getting really productive. I work best in the mornings and do all my main content creation at this time of the day.
On this example Tuesday I did…
- Record and edit a video training
- Voice message my clients
- Check in with my Branding Specialist
- Comment on Facebook Posts in my group to connect with members
- Create a new 1:1 coaching offer with me, drafted 2 sales posts, set up a payment link for this offer and shared it in my Facebook group
- Share 2 blog posts
- Reach out to potential clients via PM
- Reply to all requests about my new 1:1 offer
12:00 travel time & Check-in
My workspace at our new hotel. Love it!
- Exploring our new accommodation
- A 3-course-menu for lunch
I’m trying to be more at ease with spending Money on great accommodation and food. In my first years of travel, I developed a strong “backpacker mentality”, saving wherever I can to make my adventure last as long as possible.
Now that I am able to make an income WHILST on the road and moving places all the time, I’m working on adapting an Abundance Mindset, allowing myself to splurge, have nice meals, upgrades and trusting that I won’t become broke.
The universe has my back! There is plenty more Money coming my way.
14:30 Afternoon Nap
15:30 Afternoon Mindset Work
Afternoon Journaling Session:
- 5 things that are going really well for me today
- 10 reasons I love money
- My heart is full of gratitude because…
- Who do I decide to BE this week?
- How does my ideal business week look like?
- Who do I love to work with? Why do they need my offers?
Whilst writing I’m having some yummy cakes from the pastry shop.
18:30 Client Call
45 minute Skype Session with one of my existing clients.
We work on her title, her Content Marketing Strategy and the 5 pillars of her new Online Coaching Package.
Those calls are super productive and energetic, they push me and are the reason and motivation of what I’m doing.
19:15 Relax time
Sauna and swim at the Pool.
The best part of the day!
“Take a deep breath, and just enjoy your life!”
20:15 Quick Work Session
- Follow up Email with Coaching Call summery for my client
- Individual Workbook creation for her homework
- Quick check in on Social Media and Emails
20:30 Free time
Having a shower, going for dinner, and going to the movies with my partner.
22:00 Evening Mindset Work
Yes, again! The morning and evening sessions are my most important and intensive times to work on my Mindset.
This evening I include:
- 25 things I’m grateful for
- Everything I have achieved today with pride
- My Big Vision for 2017
- My empowering Beliefs
- 50 reasons why I am grateful for my money situation right now
- 20 reasons why I know with 100% certainty, that I will achieve my goals
What are your favourite daily journaling prompts?
Leave a Comment